Saturday, November 7, 2015

La Paz – pain pain and more pain


Don’t get me wrong we love La Paz. It has a bit of a reputation for being a place where cruisers can get stuck and there is a slightly older contingent of cruisers there but we really like the place for a number of reasons. We like the fact that you have some great destinations to sail to within a day, the wonderful island of Espirito Sancto and Isla San Francisco. We also like the city itself as its large enough to have everything you need but small enough to get around easily and find things, we also believe that the weather is better, not being quite as humid as the mainland side with its jungle and mountains. The anchorage is also very good: great holding and plenty of space when we were there and easy to get to services. 
La Paz from the anchorage on a full moon

Strange as it might seem the main reason we came to La Paz was for me to see a dentist about my rear molar. I won’t bore you with all the details but I ended up having a root canal, 2 crowns and a deep cleaning with over 10 hours in the dentist chair. The dentist we went to was the best I have ever been to: new equipment, professional and caring staff and cheap. Yes there was pain, I felt like I had done a couple of rounds with Mike Tyson.


No comments:

Post a Comment